Brown's Tag Agency / Services / Learner's Permit

Getting A Learner's Permit

If your are between the age of 15 1/2 and 16 you must bring documentation showing that you are receiving instruction in a driver's education course (i.e., green card from public school driver's ed) or a contract for driver's education from a commercial school or a parent-taught driver's education affidavit. Driver Education is not required if you are over the age of 16, however if you are taking or have completed Driver Education bring in the documentation. Click here for information about Parent Taught Driver Education.

To get a learner's permit, you need to be at least 15 1/2 years old and to have taken and passed a written test. The examiner will give you a form to bring into the tag agency. Also, bring the following:

What You Need

  1. Primary ID, such as an original Birth Certificate
  2. Secondary ID, such as a Social Security Card
  3. Social Security Number
  4. If you are under 18 years of age, you must bring documentation showing you meet the current enrollment or attendance requirements in a secondary or vocational technical shool and that you have successfully passed the criterion - referenced reading test required for all eighth grade students (usually referred to as the school letter). If you cannot obtain a letter from an Oklahoma School, click here for a list of alternate documents.
  5. If you're under 18, you need to have a Parent or Legal Guardian with you.

If you are under the age of 18, you must have a permit for 6 months from the issue date. Anyone over 18 who gets a permit must hold it for 30 days minimum.

Call or come on in to Brown's Tag Agency to get started!

More Services

Get In Touch